Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a private, non-profit educational and scientific organization. Since 1971, MSH bas worked with its worldwide partners to improve the management of and access to health services sneb as primary health care, child survival, maternal and child health, family planning, and reproductive health.
The following positions will provide technical assistance aimed at improving the lives of children and families affected by HlV/AIDS in project state. The goal of this project is to deliver care and support activities to OVC as well as palliative care. Program .intervention include care and support for cbildren affected by HIV/AlDS, paediatric home-base care, gender, stigma and discrimination and program related data collection and analysis.
_ There are no relocation allowances available for these Positions.
Experience: 6 year(s)
Course of Study: Not Specified
Required Grade: Not Specified
The OVC Advisor will provide support and technical assistance aimed at improving the lives of children and families affected by UN and AIDS. The emphasis of the OVC Advisors Technical support is to mobilize and support community based responses that will improve the delivery of services to OVC and strengthen systems to ensure sustainable services delivery and protection of OVC particularly female adolescent OVC.
I. The Advisor will assist in identifying, locating and protecting OVC and providing both immediate and long-
tenn therapeutic and social economic assistance to vulnerable household by:
• Support to integrate strategies to reduce stigma and discrimination.
• Improve delivery on services through a family centred and community based model
• Assist OVC to acquire the skill and knowledge, that protect them from HIV infection
• strengthen networks, sysrems and leveraging wrap-around programs
2. The advisor will work with the Ministry of Women and Social Development counterparts, USAID Cooperating Agencies and other partners in the public and private sector. He/She will assure the technical content and quality necessary for the National Health System to support decentralised system and to achieve effective implementation of appropriate interventions at the national, state, district and local level.
• Masters degree or equivalent experience in Public health or related field
• Expertise in OVC program design and implementation and management and public health interventions and diseases control
• Experience developing relationships with provincial and district level government officials
• Minimum of 6 years experience in HlV /AIDS, TB, STl and/or Child Survival/IMCl projects in African
countries, preferably Nigeria
• Knowledge and understanding of the paediatric home base care, gender, stigma and discrimination
• Ability to work independently
• Willingness to travel extensively within Nigeria
Interested persons may send comprehensive resume with a brief cover letter as one MS Word Document to Imsnigeria@msh.org not later than 22nd of Dec 2009. If you wish to be considered for a post. please specify the position of which you are applying in the subject line.
Women are encouraged to apply
Suitable candidates living with HIV/AIDS will have an added advantage.